When it comes to top of the line gaming headsets, the Arctis brand is well known.
If you're in the market for a new gaming headset and can't decide between the Arctis Pro and the Arctis 7, we're here to shed some light.
In this article, we're going to lay out all of the features of each gaming headset and outline where they're similar and where they're different. We'll also touch on the pros and cons of each so you can decide which headset is best for you.
Let's get started!
The Steelseries Arctis 7
The Steelseries Arctis 7 is a mid-level gaming headset with a lot to offer for the price. It was released in 2019 and touted a ton of great features like 2.4 GHz wireless audio, surround-sound, and 24-hour battery life.
Key Features of the Steelseries Arctis 7
After getting some test time with the Steelseries Arctis 7, here are some of the key features of this headset.
- Sound Quality: Top-level sound quality is what Steelseries Arctis headsets are known for. The Arctis 7 has a frequency range between 20-20,000 hertz, which captures most of what you need to hear. It also has a surround-sound technology that captures true spacial placement without sounding like you're in a tunnel, which is an added bonus for most gamers.
- Mic Quality: The mic is important, but not as important as the sound. The mic on the Steelseries Arctic 7 was average in terms of audio quality, but what makes it stand out is that it's retractable. You can either pull the mic out, so it sits in front of your mouth, or retract it into the headset, whichever you prefer.
- Battery Life: This headset has a solid 24 hour battery life, which is plenty of time for multiple gaming sessions.
The Steelseries Arctis Pro
In short, the Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless gaming headset is essentially a souped-up version of the Steelseries Arctis 7. It has a better overall build quality and is designed for those with high standards for their audio.
Key Features Of The Arctis Pro
- Sound Quality: To some people, there won't be much of a noticeable difference between the Steelseries Arctis 7 and the Arctis Pro wireless gaming headset, but if you're an audiophile like I am, you'll notice. The Arctis 7 has a frequency range of 20 - 20,000hz, whereas the Pro is rated for 10 - 40,000 hz. This gives it a much better bass response, and higher frequencies are crisper.
- Mic Quality: The mic quality of the Arctis Pro was notably better than the Arctis 7. The Arctis Pro mic delivers studio-quality clarity with background noise cancellation. If you do a lot of multi-player gaming or streaming, this makes a huge difference.
- Wired & Wireless Headset Connection Options: There are a few varieties of the Arctis pro. The lowest cost option is wired and comes with a USB chat mix dial. With the wireless gaming headset option, you get a transmitter base station that allows you to control things like volume, mix, EQ, and other settings that are only available via an app for the Arctis 7.
- DTS headphone : X: DTS headphone: X takes headphone audio to the next level. With this type of audio, you don't just get surround sound, you get true 3d audio for better gaming, which can give you a huge edge in games like PUBG or Fortnite, where directional audio is the difference between life and death.
Comparing the Arctis 7 vs Arctis Pro
When it comes to quality gaming headsets, just about any Steel Series Arctis headset will be a great choice. They're made by a brand that takes quality seriously, which is hard to come by.
The Arctis Pro is a top-level gaming headset meant primarily for PC gamers with an affinity for high-quality audio. The wireless style offers some of the best wireless features in gaming headsets.
While it does give an incredible frequency response and an interface that allows for complete customization, for most people, it's overkill.
If you have the money to drop on top-level gear, by all means, go for it. You'll be absolutely blown away by the Arctis Pro.
However, if you're on a slightly tighter budget and still the comfort and most of the features of the Arctis Pro, the Arctis 7 is an excellent value for the price.
Which headset do you think is best? Let us know in the comments section below!