When it comes to top of the line gaming headsets, the Arctis brand is well known.
If you're in the market for a new gaming headset and can't decide between the Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless and the teelseries Arctis 7, we're here to shed some light.
In this article, we're going to lay out all of the features of each gaming headset and outline where they're similar and where they're different. We'll also touch on the pros and cons of each so you can decide which headset is best for you.
The Arctis 7 and Arctis pro are both high quality gaming headphones with a lot to offer. They're both made by SteelSeries and prioritize quality and usability. They have a similar battery life and price range. Here's a quick look at them side by side.
Arctis 7 vs Arctis Pro Comparison:
20 - 20,000 hertz
10 - 40,000 hz
Wired or Wireless Options
PC, Xbox, PS
PC, Xbox, PS
DTS headphone: X
Details about the Steelseries Arctis 7 and Steelseries Arctis Pro:
The Steelseries Arctis 7 is a mid-level gaming headset with a lot to offer for the price. It was released in 2019 and touted a ton of great features like 2.4 GHz wireless audio, surround-sound, and 24-hour battery life.
Key Features of the Steelseries Arctis 7
After getting some test time with the Steelseries Arctis 7, here are some of the key features of this headset.
- Sound Quality: Top-level sound quality is what Steelseries Arctis headsets are known for. The Arctis 7 has a frequency range between 20-20,000 hertz, which captures most of what you need to hear. It also has a surround-sound technology that captures true gaming space placement without sounding like you're in a tunnel, which is an added bonus for most gamers.
- Microphone Quality: The microphone quality is important, but not as important as the sound. The mic on the Steelseries Arctic 7 was average in terms of audio quality, but what makes it stand out is that it's retractable. You can either pull the mic out, so it sits in front of your mouth, or retract it into the headset, whichever you prefer. This is great if you and your friends want to talk to each other sometimes, but you also game alone.
- Battery Life: This headset has a solid 24 hour battery life, which is plenty of time for multiple gaming sessions.
In short, the Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless gaming headset is essentially a souped-up version of the Steelseries Arctis 7. It has a better overall build and sound quality and is designed for those with high standards for their audio.
Key Features Of The Steelseries Arctis Pro
- Sound Quality: To some people, there won't be much of a noticeable difference between the Steelseries Arctis 7 and the Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless gaming headset, but if you're an audiophile like I am, you'll notice. The steelseries Arctis 7 has a frequency range of 20 - 20,000hz, whereas the Pro is rated for 10 - 40,000 hz. This gives it a much better bass response, and higher frequencies are crisper.
- Mic Quality: The mic quality of the Arctis Pro was notably better than the Arctis 7. The Arctis Pro mic delivers studio-quality clarity with background noise reduction and noise cancellation. If you do a lot of multi-player gaming or streaming, this makes a huge difference.
- Wired & Wireless Headset Connection Options: There are a few varieties of the Arctis pro. The lowest cost option is wired and comes with a USB chat mix dial where you don't have to worry about battery life. With the steelseries arctis pro wireless gaming headset option, you get a transmitter base station that allows you to control things like volume, mix, EQ, and other settings that are only available via an app for the Arctis 7.
- DTS headphone : X: DTS takes headphone audio to the next level. With this type of audio, you don't just get situational sound, you get true 3d audio for better gaming, which can give you a huge edge in games like PUBG or Fortnite, where directional audio is the difference between life and death.
Comparing the Steelseries Arctis 7 vs Steelseries Arctis Pro
When it comes to quality gamer headsets, just about any Steelseries Arctis headset will be a great choice. They're made by a brand that takes sound quality seriously, which is hard to come by.
The Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless is a top-level gaming headset meant primarily for PC gamers with an affinity for high-quality audio. The wireless style offers some of the best wireless features in headsets.
While it does give an incredible frequency response and an interface that allows for complete customization, for most people, it's overkill when the Steelseries arctis 7 already has great hi res sound quality.
If you have the money to drop on top-level gear, by all means, go for it. You'll be absolutely blown away by the Steelseries Arctis Pro.
However, if you're on a slightly tighter budget and still the comfort and most of the features of the Steelseries Arctis Pro, the Steelseries Arctis 7 is an excellent value for the price tag. We would also suggest the Steelseries arctis pro 7 if you're on a playstation 4, 5 or any xbox console.
Should You Buy The Steelseries Arctis 7 or Steelseries Arctis Pro?
While these two pairs of gaming headsets may seem similar enough, they're actually quite different.
The Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless is best for elite gamers who regularly invest in their setup. These headphones are for the people who want the best of the best. The functionality and expanded frequency response and more accurate surround sound makes the Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless an easy choice for dedicated gamers, especially PC gamers and some playstation 4, 5 or xbox gamers.
On the other hand, the Steelseries Arctis 7 is meant for a serious gamer who may not have use for the expanded surround sound and frequency response. These are gamers who may either play on PC or console, but do so casually.
The type of gamer that would enjoy the Steelseries Arctis 7 is the type of person that plays PvP style games, FPS or other games where situational awareness is key, but you're still a casual gamer at the end of the day. The Steelseries Arctis 7 are an amazing set of gaming headphones, especially for the price. It isn't work spending the extra money for the Pro if you're not a pro gamer yourself and need those extra features.
Frequently Asked Questions
What the difference between the Steelseries Arctis 7 and pro
The main difference between the Arctis 7 and the Arctis 7 pro wireless are the features. The Steelseries arctis pro wireless comes with more connectivity options, since they support bluetooth. The base of the pro also acts as a charging station, as well as a wireless transmitter. The microphone on the pro is also slightly better, but the Arctis 7 is considerably cheaper.
Is the Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless worth is
Opting for the upgraded Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless is worth it if you're a fan of the extra features. Since the Arctis 7 is already a pretty good set of gaming headphones, for some people, it may be harder to justify the higher price of the pro version.
Is The Steel Series 7 Good?
The Steel Series Arctis 7 is an excellent pair of gaming headphone. The speaker drivers and microphone frequency response, overall comfort, durability and reliability are much better than cheaper alternatives.
Is Astro or SteelSeries better?
Both of these gaming headsets are very similar. One isn't better than the other in all categories, however, they do differ. Overall, the Astro is a better deal, and the SteelSeries headsets are a more premium option. If you want a better microphone and care less about high build quality sound and features, go with the Astro. If. you want top-notch sound and usability features, the SteelSeries is better.